Intensive English Club Facilitator
CCF are looking for a native-level English speaking volunteer who can run clubs for advanced level high school students that will prepare them for exciting experiences abroad. A number of students are selected for highly competitive scholarships to attend conferences and events such as the Anthony Robbin's Global Youth Leadership Summit, and they need intensive preparation to help them grow their confidence in speaking English, and develop their general knowledge of different cultures and global affairs. Class sizes will vary and scheduling will be agreed between the volunteer and the CCF Leadership team. Due to student schedules, classes would likely be on weekday evenings or during lunch hours.
Activities can include:
- Creating lesson plans for each class
- Informal discussion/sharing by all students on their activities
- Team building games/activities and team debrief
- Watch inspirational videos/stories and discussion
- End-session and/or weekly self-reflection
- Group or pair-work on small project
- Facilitating small debates
- Reflecting and assessing on students skill developments
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- CCF Leadership Development Supervisor
- CCF Leadership Team
- CCF Education Officers
- CCF Program staff (as required)
The students will develop their English skills and confidence in communicating and interacting in a 2nd language. They will be actively engaged in research, games and team projects to improve their critical thinking skills such as analysis, synthesizing, organizing and evaluating, and understand broader perspective of global citizenry and human rights so that they are able to interact with other people from different background more positively and confidently, and to well-prepared for their final selection including presentation and oral interview.
The successful applicant will need to be a native English speaker and be confident working with others in a structured classroom environment. Experience or qualifications in education, teaching, childcare, ESL, ESOL, TESOL or equivalent experience preferred.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Be able to volunteer for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all confirmed volunteers to provide the following before they arrive at CCF:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form below.
How to apply