Sports/Physical Education Coach
The Sports/ Physical Education Teacher/Coach will be able to lead structured training sessions across a variety of different sports and activities, to a range of students of all ages during the school day and evenings, too. The training sessions will consist of mostly practical training, with the added element of teaching theory about health and well-being through physical exercise.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Education Management Team
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Education Project Coordinator
- All CCF Teachers
- Teaching general physical education and promoting physical well-being to students
and staff alike.
- Teaching students fundamental skills needed for basketball, table tennis, and
volleyball (as well as other sports the volunteer may know well).
- If able and qualified to do so, teaching students Tai Chi, Yoga, Taekwondo and
alternative physical education.
- A qualified Physical Education (PE) teacher or sports coach, or;
- Extensive experience running extra-curricular sporting activities with students either in
school hours or as part of a group or sports club, or;
- A professional sportsman/ sportswoman.
Core skills and experience
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience to students.
- Actively promote openness, reflective thinking, teamwork and initiative.
- Have a strong sense of moral purpose to enrich teaching and learning at CCF.
- Be patient and flexible.
- Is willing to work in a flexible schedule (include evening and weekends)
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviours.
- Be able to volunteer for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all confirmed volunteers to provide the following before they arrive at CCF:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form below.
How to apply