Kindergarten Teacher Training and Development Advisor
The volunteer will work closely with the CCF Kindergarten Department, supporting them in evaluating and assessing the professional development needs of CCF Kindergarten staff. The volunteer will assist in the development of a professional learning framework for the teaching staff, specifically focusing on a plan to improve teaching and classroom management. The role aims to build the capacity of CCF staff by providing professional assistance in developing evaluation and planning skills, as well as advice on leadership and development planning techniques. The Volunteer will be required to assist in CCF kindergarten classrooms, mentoring teachers and working on curriculum and lesson plans. This role aims to assist current CCF staff and work towards the development of the Education strategic goals and initiatives led by the Kindergarten team. The all-female staff team you will work with will speak some English, but are not fluent. They are currently studying to improve their English; it is expected that you will also help them to improve their English through your role. They do not have professional childcare or teaching qualifications.
Activities can include:
- Plan and implement training sessions for classroom management and teaching early-years English
- Provide English language support
- Advise on teaching resources and implementation
- Assist teachers in classroom
- Identify and implement best practice within classrooms
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Kindergarten Assistants
- Early Childhood Education Officer
- Assist CCF Kindergarten management to create a professional Learning Framework for CCF Kindergarten teaching staff
- Assist in the creation of a written plan addressing short and long term goals for CCF Kindergarten teacher development
- A clear understanding by CCF Kindergarten management about options for staff development implementation.
- Support and guidance for Kindergarten staff regarding evaluation and development skills, as well as leadership and planning techniques.
- Creation of teacher training resources and materials as needed
- Assist CCF Kindergarten staff in identifying professional development opportunities
- Mentoring for CCF Kindergarten staff
- Increased understanding by CCF Kindergarten teachers on diverse teaching methodology and development opportunities.
- Guidance for CCF Kindergarten staff regarding areas in need of professional development
- Qualified Kindergarten Teacher/Manager
- Understanding of early-years education theory
- Intercultural communication skills
- Understanding of teaching methodologies
- Experience of managing and/or training Kindergarten teachers is necessary
- Actively promote openness, reflective thinking, teamwork and initiative
- Have a strong sense of moral purpose to enrich teaching and learning at CCF
- Be patient and flexible
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Be able to volunteer for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form below.
How to apply