Teacher Development Advisor
The volunteer will work closely with the CCF Teacher Development Department, supporting them in evaluating and assessing the professional development needs of CCF educational staff. The volunteer will assist in the development of a professional learning framework for the teaching staff, specifically focusing on a plan to improve the English teaching methodology. The role aims to build the capacity of CCF staff by providing professional assistance in developing evaluation and planning skills, as well as advice on leadership and development planning techniques. The Volunteer may also be required to assist in CCF classrooms, mentoring teachers and working on curriculum and lesson plans. This role aims to assist current CCF staff and work towards the development of the Education strategic goals and initiatives led by the Education program.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Teacher Development Manager
- Education Manager
- Teacher Development Officers
- Assist CCF Teacher Development staff to create a professional Learning Framework for CCF teaching staff
- Assist in the creation of a written plan addressing short and long term goals for CCF teacher development
- A clear understanding by CCF Teacher Development staff about options for staff development implementation.
- Support and guidance for Teacher Development staff regarding evaluation and development skills, as well as leadership and planning techniques.
- Creation of teacher training resources and materials as needed
- Assist CCF Teacher Development staff in identifying professional development opportunities
- Guidance on the creation and implementation of assessment objectives by CCF staff.
- Assist in defining opportunities for CCF staff professional development.
- Creation of teacher evaluation resources and materials as needed.
- Mentoring for CCF teachers
- Increased understanding by CCF teachers on diverse teaching methodology and development opportunities.
- Guidance for CCF Teacher Development staff regarding areas in need of professional development
The successful applicant will have an extensive background in education and development, and be able to confidently advise and lead other professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree and postgraduate qualifications in fields related to education and/or curriculum development
- Elementary/Primary School Teaching Certification
- Strong understanding of primary school teaching and learning
- Experience teaching English Language Learners (ELL’s)
- Proven experience coaching teams and individual teachers
- Teacher training experience
- Have an advanced understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies and exercise leadership in developing this understanding with teachers
- Actively promote openness, reflective thinking, teamwork and initiative
- Have a strong sense of moral purpose to enrich teaching and learning at CCF
- Be patient and flexible
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviours.
- Be able to volunteer for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all confirmed volunteers to provide the following before they arrive at CCF:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form below.
How to apply