English Speaking Club Teacher
Students at the Neeson Cripps Academy (CCF’s STEM specialist high school in Steung Meanchey) are looking for a volunteer teacher for an English speaking club on Saturday afternoons (2:00pm – 3:30pm and another from 3:30pm – 5:00pm). This role will lead two classes of 20-25 students in fun, interactive, topical classes to help improve their English speaking ability. Each club lasts for a ten week course.
Activities can include:
- Creating lesson plans for the clubs after direction in class objectives from the NCA teaching team
- Planning games and activities for classes that will encourage students to speak in English
- Running informal discussion/sharing sessions in classes
- Running team building games/activities
- Sourcing inspirational videos/articles for discussion
- Planning and facilitating group or pair-work on small project
- Facilitating class debates
- Feeding back to CCF Education team about the content of the clubs and students’ progress
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- NCA Education Officer (line manager)
- CCF Education team
- NCA School Manager
- NCA students
The students will develop their English skills and confidence in communicating and interacting in a 2nd language. They will be actively engaged in research, games and team projects to improve their critical thinking skills, awareness of current events, and conversational skills. The club will not be assessed, but students will be able to demonstrate growing confidence and enjoyment.
The successful applicant will need to be a native-level English speaker and be confident working with others in a structured classroom environment. Experience or qualifications in education, teaching, childcare, ESL, ESOL, TESOL or equivalent experience preferred.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Be able to volunteer for a period of at least 3 months
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families- but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all confirmed volunteers to provide the following before they arrive at CCF:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Travel Insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form below.
How to apply